22 August 2012
Take your creativity to new places: the Nikon COOLPIX P7700
Nikon today announces the COOLPIX P7700, the perfectionist’s camera that’s surprisingly compact. Ensuring vivid images with beautiful bokeh, the P7700 offers a stunningly bright f/2.0-4.0 NIKKOR 7.1x optical zoom lens, a large 1/1.7-inch, back-illuminated 12-MP CMOS sensor, lens shift vibration reduction, Full HD movie, RAW file format and a 7.5 cm (3.0-in.) vari-angle LCD monitor.
James Loader, Product Manager for Consumer Products at Nikon UK, comments: “The COOLPIX P7700 is a portable genius. The bright NIKKOR lens is a truly beautiful piece of glass, with a broad 28-200mm focal range and fast f/2.0-4.0 aperture, which works with the highly sensitive 1/1.7-inch CMOS sensor to deliver clear, detailed images in any light. Meanwhile, the new vari-angle LCD monitor opens up more possibilities, making sure you can get a unique perspective on whatever you want to capture, especially when shooting video.”
The light artist
Whatever light conditions you are shooting in, advanced Nikon lens technology in the COOLPIX P7700 ensures outstanding precision, sharp resolution and high contrast. Two ED glass elements minimize chromatic aberration, a Neutral Density filter enables greater exposure control and the seven blade rounded iris aperture allows beautifully natural background blur. When you want to control the quality of light, you can turn to the camera’s built-in pop up flash with commander function, and make use of the Nikon Creative Lighting System from the range of compatible Speedlight flash units.
Your assistant director
The COOLPIX P7700 will satisfy any budding director looking for something portable yet versatile. You can shoot Full HD (1080p) video in surround sound, control settings like aperture and ISO in Custom Movie mode, use the optical zoom when filming, and further improve sound recording using the external microphone output.
PSAM exposure modes enable greater creative control, and three user modes let you recall your preferred camera settings instantly. Two customizable function buttons mean you can bypass the menu and set shortcuts to your favorite camera settings, while front and rear command dials offer easy access to key camera settings and smooth manual control.
Creativity from all angles
Shoot from any angle with the 7.5cm (3.0-in.) 921k-dot monitor with wide viewing angle and anti-reflection coating. The vari-angle monitor offers 100% RGB colour reproduction and high contrast ratio that won’t disappoint.
Fast image processing
The fast EXPEED C2 image processing system provides enhanced image quality and movie recording, whilst delivering superb sensitivity performance with reduced noise, even at high ISO.
Other key features
- Lens-Shift Vibration Reduction: Nikon’s advanced vibration reduction system reduces the effect of camera shake in real time and lets you use shutter speeds that are up to four stops slower.
- High ISO sensitivity (extendable up to 6400, equivalent): reduces the risk of blurred images with fast-moving subjects or in low-light. ISO can be set manually from 80 to 6400 ISO equivalent using the Hi1 setting.
- Quick response for streamlined workflow and stress-free shooting. Switch quickly between functions, and enjoy a near-instant start up time, impressive AF speed and short shutter release time-lag.
- RAW format shooting: images can be shot and saved in high-quality NRW format, even when using in-camera features such as continuous shooting and Picture Controls.
- Picture controls: take control of color in your photos and movies. Adjust the vividness of colors or degree of sharpening prior to shooting in all four (P/S/A/M) exposure modes. Two Custom Picture Controls let you bypass the menu and set shortcuts to your favorite settings.
- Flexible high-speed continuous shooting: choose from three different continuous mode rates of 8 fps (for up to 6 frames), 4 fps (for up to 6 frames) and 1 fps (for up to 30 frames).
- Effects and filters: shoot photos and movies with special effects, or apply a filter to photos you’ve taken. Effects include Painting, which makes images look as if they were painted. Filters include Selective Color, which creates monochrome photos with flashes of color applied to an area of your choice.
- Wireless transfer: compatible with Eye-Fi X2 (or later) cards for direct transmission to smart phones and SD, SDHC and SDXC memory cards.
- Compatible accessories: get the most out of your shooting with Nikon accessories including: Speedlight flash units, the ML-L3 remote control for remote shutter release, 40.5 mm filters, the MC-DC2 Remote Cord and the GP-1 GPS unit.
The COOLPIX P7700 comes in black.