18 July 2012
Panasonic introduces the Lumix FZ200 hybrid super-zoom camera. The FZ200 features a 24x optical zoom lens that is matched to its 12 megapixel image sensor. The super-zoom lens has a constant maximum aperture of f/2.8 across its entire focal range. The image sensor has a maximum ISO sensitivity of 6,400. Movie capture is in the AVCHD format with full HD capture at 50fps 1080p. The built in stereo microphone provides the audio but a external microphone can be used for improved audio quality.
Panasonic LUMIX FZ200 – pushing the boundaries of high-speed super-zoom photography
Panasonic’s LUMIX FZ200, the latest addition to its super-zoom compact digital camera range, is designed to be the ultimate high-speed option to capture spur of the moment events in stunning image quality. With 12 megapixels, outstanding low light performance, a 24x optical zoom LEICA DC lens, and Full HD video recording, magical moments and dramatic scenery can be captured with ease and precision.
Go further with the advanced LEICA DC Lens
The LUMIX FZ200’s exceptional 24x zoom LEICA DC lens lets you go further, with a F2.8 aperture available throughout the entire zoom range. With this wide zoom ratio, alongside Panasonic’s optical image stabilisation technology POWER O.I.S., the FZ200 will give you clear, crisp, blur-free zoom shots whether you’re bird-watching or capturing live sport. Additionally, the 25mm ultra wide-angle lens has around twice the shooting area as a standard 35mm lens, providing enhanced shots of sweeping landscapes and city vistas.
Pushing the boundaries of low light capture, the LUMIX FZ200’s improved 12-megapixel high-sensitivity MOS sensor and Venus Engine, maximise both the sensitivity and speed of image processing. With image capture available at up to ISO6400, the FZ200 puts beautiful nighttime photography in the palm of your hand.
High-speed photography, wherever you are
In addition to the wide zoom range and image quality advances, the high-speed functionality of the LUMIX FZ200 means you’ll never miss the perfect moment. With light-speed Auto Focus you can capture dynamic moments with precision, while Burst Shooting at 12 FPS in full resolution means subjects such as fast-moving sports stars or wildlife, can be captured with ease.
Creative control in your hands
The LUMIX FZ200 has a wide range of options that can maximise the level of creativity and control possible in a fixed lens camera. These include an enhanced Panorama Shot feature, perfect for capturing landscapes and vast architectural details. In addition, the camera offers 3D photography and advanced editing options through Panasonic’s Creative Control Mode during recording and Creative Re-touch Mode in playback.
Taking fixed-lens photography to the next level
With such a large zoom ratio including an F2.8 aperture throughout the whole zoom range, superb low-light performance and high-speed functionality, the FZ200 is the perfect option to take photography to the next level in a fixed lens camera. From football games at night to wildlife far in the distance, the FZ200 will help you capture dynamic, beautiful scenes with the upmost clarity.
- Advanced LEICA DC lens: The full range F2.8 24x optical zoom LEICA lens pushes the boundaries of fixed lens photography. With an intelligent zoom of 48x and nano-surface coating, to reduce flare and ghosts, the FZ200 is perfect for crisp, dynamic photography
- Superb low light performance: The improved 12-megapixel high-sensitivity MOS sensor, Venus Engine and ISO sensitivity of up to ISO6400 mimimises noise in low-light situations
- Advanced image stabilisation: Power O.I.S, available throughout all capture options including zoom and video, maximises the hand-shake correction power of the camera
- Rapid capture: Fast moving subjects and objects are now easily captured thanks to industry-leading technology incorporating 12 FPS burst shooting
- Full HD movie recording: The LUMIX FZ200 provides stunning 1920x1080 50p Full HD video recording with Dolby Digital audio. With recording options available in AVCHD Progressive and MP4, you get the widest compression and compatibility options
- Full creative control: A wide range of manual and creative modes put the photographic control in your hands – including Creative Control features and 3D photography
- Quality build and long stamina: The LUMIX FZ200 has a strong chassis and a bright, free angle 3-inch LCD. The camera also provides an operational standby for the capture of over 500 images with its 1,200 mAh stamina battery