18 July 2012
The LUMIX G VARIO 45-150mm: Panasonic’s new compact, lightweight telephoto zoom lens
The LUMIX G VARIO 45-150mm (35mm equivalent focal length: 90-300mm), is the latest telephoto zoom interchangeable lens for Digital Single Lens Mirrorless LUMIX G cameras. This compact, lightweight lens with a metal body, optimized for HD video recording is perfect for capturing crisp, blur-free images when shooting sporting events and other distant subjects.
The lens incorporates Panasonic’s MEGA O.I.S. optical image stabiliser, which makes it easy to shoot extremely clear photos even in low-lit situations by suppressing the blur caused by handshake. Panasonic's Nano Surface Coating technology has also been adopted in the lens, minimising reflection across the entire visual light range. This enables the lens to achieve clear pictures and a dramatic reduction in ghosting and lens flare.
The LUMIX G VARIO 45-150mm is the latest addition to Panasonic’s LUMIX G microsystem, which includes the world’s largest range of Micro Four Thirds lenses and accessories.
LUMIX G VARIO 45-150mm: Key Features
- Lens Construction: 12 elements in 9 groups (2 aspherical lenses , 1 UHR lens)
- Nano Surface Coating: Yes
- Mount: Micro Four Thirds mount
- Optical Image Stabilizer: Yes (MEGA O.I.S.)
- Focal Length: f=45-150mm (35mm camera equivalent 90-300mm)
- Aperture Type: 7 diaphragm blades / Circular aperture diaphragm
- Maximum Aperture: F4.0
- Minimum Aperture: F22
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.9m / 3.0ft
- Maximum magnification: Approx. 0.17x / 0.35x (35mm camera equivalent)
- Diagonal Angle of View: 27°(Wide) to 8.2°(TELE)
- Filter Size: ö52mm / 2.0in
- Max. Diameter: ö62mm / 2.4in
- Overall Length: Approx. 73mm / 2.9in (from the tip of the lens to the base side of the lens mount)
- Weight: Approx. 200g / 7.1oz (excluding lens cap and lens rear cap)
- Standard Accessories: Lens cap, Lens hood, Lens rear cap